Who We Are
Your privacy is important to us. Therefore it is the policy of the New Zealand Blokart Association, its member clubs, and members to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites, in accordance with New Zealand Law (Privacy Act 1993) and best international practice.
The New Zealand Blokart Association, www.bai.nz and its member clubs below:
- Auckland Blokart Club
- Bay Blokart Club
- Hawkes Bay Blokart Club
- Manawatu Blokart Club
- Top of the South Blokart Club (Nelson)
- Canterbury Blokart Club
will collectively referred to as the NZBAI in the policy below.
What Personal Data We Collect And Why We Collect It
We do not share personal information with third parties. We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned. There are places on this website where you can choose to provide personal information, including:
- Emailing us with an enquiry.
- Subscribing to our newsletter.
- Creating or using an existing customer account in online stores.
- Submitting an order request on the online stores.
- Filling in registration and entry forms and other forms on the sites.
- Paying by Credit Card.
Examples of personal information can include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Additional sailing information to help us customize your order or registrations including height, age, body weight, or dietary requirements.
We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. Specifically, we may use this information in order to:
- Communicate with you and provide a shopping experience tailored to your needs
- Collect feedback to optimize and improve our website and event experience
- Organize blokart racing event experiences
Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
We will make readily available to customers and members information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
Comments and Forum
When you leave comments on the sites we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We collect and analyse non-identifiable web traffic data to improve our services. We use Google Analytics, a third party service. We may collect, hold, and use statistical information about visits to help us improve the sites, such as:
- IP address
- Search terms used
- Products purchased
- Pages accessed and the links clicked on
- Date and time of visits
- Referral sites
- Device and operating systems (e.g. Windows XP, Mac OS X; browsing on a desktop or mobile device)
- Web browser types (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We cannot take responsibility for linked content to third party websites.
We use social media on some sections of our website to help communicate our messages and give you the best experience, such as the YouTube videos we embed. These social media services have their own privacy policies and may track your use of our website on those pages where their links are displayed. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google service) while using our site, their tracking will be associated with your profile with them.
Who We Share Your Data With
Data is shared with the following parties:
- Blokart International Ltd
- IRBRA Committee Representatives
- IBRA member associations
- Stripe – for credit card payments
- Paypal – for credit card payments
- Facebook -social media
- Twitter – social media
- MailChimp – email marketing
- Mailgun – website email forwarding
- Google and its subsidiaries such as YouTube and Drive – website analytics and backups
- Your name, location and membership, weight and other registration and or entry details as applicable are publicly shared on our online entry lists to encourage entries to the events
- Your name, location and membership, weight and other registration and or entry details as applicable are publicly shared on the published results of the event
How We Protect Your Data
We actively maintain the website, run security software, and are responsive in updating software and plugins.
We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information, and to ask for it to be corrected if applicable. To do so, please contact the appropriate sites you wish to investigate. You are entitled to at least one free request, however we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for multiple requests.
Table of NZBAI Websites and Contact Details
Our website is hosted in the United States of America and is maintained by volunteers in New Zealand and around the world as delegated by the NZBAI committee.